Answered By: Caroline Daniels Last Updated: Jul 11, 2018 Views: 21
We will try to get most materials that you request. But we are limited by what other libraries are willing to lend, and by how much a request may cost. Generally the following items can be difficult to obtain:
- Reference books
- Entire issues of journals (copyright restrictions apply)
- Materials in high use in the lending library
- Materials that are only found in an international location
- Rare and fragile items
- Materials which are difficult and/or expensive to ship
- Sound recordings
- Videos and films (those should be ordered through Equipment and Media Services)
- Some thesis (if they are only available in print at the originating library.) Before you request a thesis through interlibrary loan, make sure you check the Theses Canada Portal where you can download many online Canadian thesis at no charge.
For more information, visit Interlibrary Loans.